Monday, November 26, 2012

Blog feature: Nappturally Curly Demure

Oh my wow...would you just look at those banging curls!!! This fellow naturalista is obviously seriously talented! Whenever I decide to color my hair,she may have to book a one way trip to South Carolina. ;) 

Tell us a little about yourself:
  "I am an Office Manager from New York!! :) who enjoys painting, singing, publically speaking, learning and ofcourse living."

How long have you been natural? What inspired you to start your healthy hair journey?
  "I have been Natural almost 3 years and I will never go back. I decided to go natural when I became a mother of my daughter. I didn't want her to have any type of discern with her natural beauty so I had to lead by example."

Did you encounter any negativity along the way?
  "No,suprisingly none at all LOL"

What is your current regimen?
  "My current regimen is washing biweekly and deep conditioning monthly. I twist my hair 2x a week at most with Reve Essentials Hair and Body Moisturizing Creme on dry hair and rock twist outs. I never ever detangle with anything other than my fingers."

What are some of your favorite products?
  "Reve Essentials, Oyin Handmade, and Curl junkie"

What are some techniques that you think made this journey a tad bit easier on you?
  "Doing my twist on dry hair and finger detangling!"

Do you have some advice you wouldn't mind sharing that would help someone just starting their hair journey?
  "Have PATIENCE and love yourself before you go on this journey. Your hair will show the love you carry for it." :)

Is there anything else you would like to share?
  "Don't give up!"

Where can we find you?(blog,facebook page,website,etc)
  •www.curlydemure.blogspot.com
  •Instagram-Curly Demure
  •Twitter-Curly Demure
  •Facebook-Curly Demure
  •YouTube-Curly Demure

For ladies in the NY area I throw a monthly meet up with my home girl Cutie Kinks:
www.meetup.com/CutieDemure

 

  Thanks soooooo much for sharing! I couldn't agree more with you about the finger detangling, your hair will benefit from the low amount of manipulation. And what a sweet act of humility to do this for your baby girl...kudos!!!

  Don't forget, if you would also like to be a feature on Nappturally Nessa,please send an email to; nessadodd@yahoo.com,with "Interview" in the subject bar, & I will respond back with the details.

Till next time!!!
Nessa*





No comments:

Post a Comment