Monday, December 10, 2012

Putting a 'twist' On An All Time Favorite:Rope Twisting

   Yesterday I installed yet another set of twists,but see this time I twisted w/ the technique many use for seneglese twists. What is that you ask? We'll I call it "rope twisting". Say you are twisting to the left, while you are doing that you roll each of the two strands between your thumb & pointer finger to the right, before you cross that strand over the other one.
   I hope I didn't lose you with that explanation :) but its a simple technique that gives your twists a "rope" look instead of the normal twists where you just continually cross two strands of hair over each other untill you reach the end.
  I believe that these will last a little longer for using that technique actually tightens the twist as you go down. But I won't put a specific time on it. They aren't as fluffy as my usual ones :( but that might play in my favor.
  I twisted on a stretched old braidout,using a quick mix I made with; shea,crisco,honey, & Yes to Carrots body butter. I finished just 20 minutes shy of 6 hours. Not to shabby if I say so myself, my twisting time is anywhere between 4-8 hours.

  Some of the pros using this technique are:
•Firm, sleeker looking twists
•More of my length is revealed
•Feels as though these twists are heavier,a bit more 'weighted'.

Cons:
•Not as fluffy since they are tighter,giving the illusion of hair that is less dense
 
  Yep...thats it :) I guess time will tell if I continue to use this way of twisting. As its obvious the pros out weigh the cons, for my hair anyways ;) I'm including pictures of previous twists,so that you will be able to see the difference. Enjoy!!!

Till next time!!
Nessa*











No comments:

Post a Comment