Friday, December 21, 2012

Blog Feature: Nappturally Aisha

Yet another NAPPturalista from the big apple! :) I love it!!

Tell us a little about yourself:
Hello! My name is Aisha! I'm a single mom and Social Worker who lives in NYC!
I love being a New Yorker! Especially during the Christmas season. I enjoy church, reading, Central Park, shopping and trying new restaurants!

How long have you been natural? what inspired you to start your healthy hair journey?
I've been natural for 21 months! I started to see all these girls with curly BIG hair! I realized that I had tried every single hairstyle except my OWN! I wanted to meet my hair!

Did you encounter any negativity along the way?
I encountered negativity along this journey but it just made me stronger. A guy I was dating said he didn't think I would look good after a BC. Well, I DID look good and he and I are no longer dating.
Some friends asked me, what was I going to do with my hair now. LOL! I took it all in stride. I'm very proud of my hair and what I accomplished in this time.

What is your current regimen?
My regimen to date has changed for the winter months. I wash every two weeks with Shea Moisture shampoo and deep condition with ReVe Essentials Deep Treatment. I then use Curl Junkie as a leave in. I follow with ReVe Essentials Hair & Body Moisturizer as a moisturizer.
I style my hair with a rotation of stylers. I am now using ReVe Essentials Hair & Body Creme and HoneyChile Hairlove Toasted Pumpkin & Almond Butter to seal.
My current style is a braid out. Definition for days.

Do you have any length goals or hair "heroes" :)?
My length goal is BSL (bra strap length) & I am my own hair hero.

What are some of your favorite products?
As you can tell my favorite products come from ReVe Essentials. Their Hair & Body Moisturizer is a STAPLE of mine & an absolute must have! I also like the Tresseme Naturals Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque and Naturalista Juicy Leave in conditioner.

What are some techniques that you think made this journey a tad bit easier on you?
Keeping it simple has made this journey easier for me. The more I focused on my hair and what it responded to and less on all the products I wanted to try or all the styles, etc, the easier it became for me to just...breathe. Take it one day at a time,less is more.

Do you have some advice you wouldn't mind sharing that would help someone just starting their hair journey?
My advice is that length will come with TIME and PATIENCE. Please know that it will take time to learn your hair. Don't give up so easily!

Where can we find you?(blog,facebook page,website,etc)
•http://www.facebook.com/ladyantoinette2
•aishapicott@gmail.com
•linkedin.com/in/aishapicott 

Thank you so much Aisha for sharing! And kudos to you for kickin 'ole boy to the curb ;)

Don't forget, if you would also like to be a feature on Nappturally Nessa,please send an email to; nessadodd@yahoo.com,with "Interview" in the subject bar, & I will respond back with the details.

Till next time!!!
Nessa*






No comments:

Post a Comment